Friday, May 4, 2012

Confession Friday

I’m calling it confession Friday.  I have been a total and complete crazy woman this week.  For starters I embarrassed myself greatly by losing it in public.  We happen to live in a fabulous place for walks.  People are always out biking, running, walking, etc.  It’s a quiet lovely little area.  I was walking Buster when all of the sudden he goes darting across the street.   He had seen a squirrel and took off after it.  I had his leash locked but the little booger broke the clicker.  Anyway needless to say I just knew he was going to get hit by a car so here I am SCREAMING for him in the middle of the street (if you really know me this is not hard to picture).  I grew up in the for real country (you know where you have to drive to your neighbor’s house) so I am still learning how to respect my neighbors.  Any way I may have looked like a crazy woman.

Oh then last night… Ike and I had DVRed American Idol to watch when he got home from work.  I made the mistake of clicking on my Facebook app so I of course saw who was going home.  I didn’t want to tell Ike that I had seen it because we were supposed to watch it together.  BUT when he called after being at work for about 12-13 hours to tell me he was headed home I was very ugly…I may have even hung up on him.  So I ended up having to fess up to why I was in such a terrible mood.  I mean I was furious at American Idol.  I may have even cried like a baby when Skylar was eliminated!  Ridiculous!  I am still really confused how a few of the others have survived longer than her…  Oh well moving on.

I have also linked up with Kelly’s Korner for SUYL for making new friends.  I have to agree that making friends as an adult is a lot harder than it used to be.  We have tons of couple friends spread out across the country (which have set the friend bar pretty high), but finding NEW friends that we BOTH click with is difficult.  I really want Ike and me to make couple friends here that like to hang out and travel.  The problem is schedules make it hard for us to make much of an effort in this area.  By the time the weekend gets here we are content to just hang out with each other.  Maybe eventually  J

7 comments:

Marcie said...

You are welcome to ask me any questions!! I love talking about our adoption and our wonderful agency!!!
you can email me at-- mknight@lincoln.k12.ms.us

The Brown's said...

Hey girl! Seems like we have lots in common. If I can ever answer any questions for you or if you just need some encouragement, I'll be glad to help! I've been down that road...twice now. I'll definitely be sending prayers your way. Have a great weekend!

Welcome to the Shit Show! said...

I am DYING laughing at you yelling at Buster. Bahahaha! It takes me back to the days of your mom honking and yelling at the cows in y'alls yard! Hahaha!! Come see me soon, please!!!

Sarah Broadus said...

Hi from kelly's! I am in Central Ms as well and I agree. Friends as adults is hard!

Jenna said...

Sounds like you had one of my weeks! My dog loves to run away.. leaving me freaking out! Ha! Hope you guys have a fabulous weekend!

Laura said...

Saw this through Kelly's Korner... My husband and I live in Madison, MS. We were both raised in the boonies. I've caught myself several times yelling at my dog or running after him barefoot and in pajamas in my densely populated neighborhood.

Kayla Calcote said...

This post made me laugh out loud... seriously! I've stumbled over to her blog from Kelly's Corner. My husband and I live in Brookhaven, 60 miles south of Jackson. I don't blog as often as I would like but feel free to check out my blog. It's usually just filled with random confessions!