Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Life lately..


 
Look at that sweet little face!  Who would guess that little man could possibly still be getting up SEVERAL times a night!  It varies from night to night.  That is one of the hardest parts for this mom.  I find myself stressing as to how many times he might get up.  I know this is my fault I don't have him on a consistent routine.  It's hard since Ike and I are both working and it already seems our time during the week with him is so limited.  BUT starting tonight...we are going to start a bed time routine.  He almost always wakes up around midnight so I feel certain he may still need that feeding, and I'm ok with that.  Lately he has also been waking up around 3-4, and then refuses to eat around 6:30 when it is time to eat before school.  That makes me feel like he could skip that 3-4 feeding for sure.  There are some nights he is up more often than that.  Something has to give.  Mom and dad are very sleep deprived.  I absolutely HATE the cry it out method.  Ike has been encouraging that from the beginning, but I keep saying he is to little for that.  I think I may have to start trying it.  I have heard these horror stories (in my opinion) of kids who don't sleep through the night for years! 

I am so thankful for Brant, and I told him this morning if he NEEDS me to get up 5 times a night with him till he moves out of our house I will.  However, I feel like this is not good for him either so I want us to all do better.  This is in no way a complaint.  It's just where we are right now.  I want to be able to look back on this for future children and remember the wonderful days as well as the difficult times.  AND if anyone has any words of wisdom feel free to share.  I am always open to suggestions.


We did have a great weekend.  Aunt Amanda and Uncle Jason came to visit...  Brant loves these two so much already!  They always come with gifts (which we tell them not to!)  Between showers, Amanda and Jason, Nana, and Mimi and Papaw we have not bought one single diaper or wipe for this little guy!  Shew, we are blessed!

We took this picture on Saturday (July 20th).  What's the significance of that?  After YEARS of prayers and heart ache...  It was exactly one year ago that we found out we were expecting this sweet little miracle!  I am amazed how much can change in a year, and just how perfect the Lord's timing is for us. 
Brant, we feel so blessed to have you in our lives.  We feel honored that the Lord chose us to be your parents.  You are the sweetest thing and have brought us so much joy!!  We love you more than you could ever know.

2 comments:

Jaimee Granberry said...

So, I am by NO means an expert & every baby is so different...but, when I was training Grey to sleep through the night and I was convinced she didn't need a certain feed, when she woke up at that time, I would give her the paci and just let her lay with me. At first, she still wanted to eat sometimes and the paci wouldn't do the trick, but more often than not, she would suck on her paci and fall back asleep. Eventually she wouldn't wake up at all! That might be something you could try? These poor babies- it's hard figuring out how great a full night's rest is!

JonathanandSarah said...

I used "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" by Marc Weisbluth (?) M.D. Jackson was a naturally amazing sleeper, but I had to sleep train him around 8-months when he wanted to stay up and play all the time. Owen is much more of a challenge. He wakes up anywhere from 1-4 times per night (averages twice), and he's 8-months old!!
This book is great, because it talks about the physiological needs of babies so you can set up realistic expectations. For example, he says it's normal for a baby to wake 1-2 times per night up until around 8-9 months old to eat. More than that is an issue, though. By 9 months old they do not need to eat at night, so you can feel comfortable that you're not starving him. It's a great book, and it helps you make the best decision for Brant when you're tired out of your mind. Believe me, I feel your pain!!