Monday, October 24, 2011

Sad

This is a terribly sad post, but I need to remember that the Lord is teaching me
In my post a few weeks ago I announced that Rose and Chris are expecting a baby.  This week they recieved some very sad news.  This sweet little baby has a chromosomal disorder called trisomy 13.  This disorder soo sadly means that if this baby makes it to delivery he or she will most likely only be with us for a very short time.  Rose and Chris are amazing and they both have a faith that just blows me away.  They KNOW that this baby is a blessing to them.  They trust God to use this situation to grow them, and to bring glory to Him.  Rose says we will call this baby Job.  This song is truly Rose's heart right now....
We pray for blessings

We pray for peace
Comfort for family, protection while we sleep
We pray for healing, for prosperity
We pray for Your mighty hand to ease our suffering
All the while, You hear each spoken need
Yet love us way too much to give us lesser things

'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You’re near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

We pray for wisdom
Your voice to hear
And we cry in anger when we cannot feel You near
We doubt Your goodness, we doubt Your love
As if every promise from Your Word is not enough
All the while, You hear each desperate plea
And long that we'd have faith to believe

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When it rains, it pours. Sorry to hear more bad news for y'all's families. I do have to share that we know of a couple that was recently pregnant with their third. They found out that the baby's organs weren't developing properly. She would have to endure the pregnancy, then deliver a still born or only have a few hours with the baby. A few weeks ago, a perfectly healthy baby was born. :) Sometimes the Healer proves the doctors wrong. Somehow, a blessing will occur out of Rose and Chris's situation. Praying for all of y'all and miss you lots!

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear more bad news. I do want to share that we know a couple that found out that they would have a still born or baby that would only make it a few hours. The doctors guaranteed it. A few weeks ago, they had a perfectly healthy baby. :) Sometimes the Healer knows better. Somehow, the Lord will reveal himself or deliver a blessing through this tough situation. Praying for all of you and miss you lots!!

Brad, Amy, Bes and Mae said...

Brandy,
Sometimes I just have to remind myself that God is bigger than all the "why's" I have in my heart... now is one of those times. Oh me. I didn't know Rose at all really but the few times that I saw her out and about or at church I could so easily see her light shining. Her smile radiated the love of Christ. No doubt they will use whatever circumstance they face for God's glory. I will be wrapping them in prayer throughout the coming months. Our God is the ultimate Healer... My sister in law was told that my niece would be born with Down's Syndrome, when she arrived even though she didn't have any outward appearance of Down's they were still so certain that they wouldn't say she didn't have it until the genetic testing came back clear... 10 days later... we got our answered prayer. She is now a perfectly healthy 2 year old. Please keep us posted. Praying. Praying. Praying.