Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Weekends are the best!

Saturday morning Ike and Buster wake me up at 8am (what they call sleeping in)...and for those of you wondering Ike won and Buster is back in the bed. He has his own special blanket at the end of the bed and so far has done well with it...even though I still don't like it! Anyway Ike says we need to go to the grocery store so we get up and go have breakfast at McDonald's (which I don't suggest on a Saturday morning). We had to hurry and eat and get out of there Ike said it was making him nervous haha! Anyway we head over to Walmart to buy groceries and after we get a few groceries in our buggy and we remember we need iron cleaner so we head over to the irons (which is not over there by the way, it's with starch). On the way we pass the fall stuff and Ike says, "Show me this wreath you keep talking about." So I take him over and show him and he hates it, but agrees to help me put together some fall decorations for the house. So we put everything back out of our buggy and head to every store in Columbus to be sure we are getting the BEST fall decorations! We spent the whole day shopping...it was such a fun day! I ended up with a beautiful fall table and a CUTE wreath! My mom had brought me some pumpkins so I added them to the decorations! Ike did a great job. (Pictures below!) We get home and get everything in place and I am immediately like who can we invite over! :) He said he knew that was coming...so anyone who would like to can visit hehe! I love married life...
To add to my love for it I will share how our monday got started...I washed laundry on Sunday because we were out all saturday (which apparently I could do during the week). Well we don't dry very much so Ike pants for work (yes, all of them) were damp. So he goes to put them in dryer...what he finds is that I just put wet towels in there. I had forgotten about them the night before and remembered as soon as I woke up and hurried to throw them in there before they don't "spoil" as Ike says! He was sooooo mad that he had to take out "the soaking wet towels" to dry his pants! Then I was mad because I felt he didn't appreciate that I had done his laundry to begin with...as Ms. Mickie said we are learning to pick our battles...Oh the fun of married life and I mean that 100% it is so fun even times like that! Ike makes me laugh so much!!!

2 comments:

Welcome to the Shit Show! said...

Even though I've heard this story twice, well three times counting this time I am still laughing OUT LOUD! Oh these crazy boys!

Samantha said...

Funny story! Did you say yall were painting your kitchen? I love all the fall decorations. I bet you are going to have so much fun decorating for Christmas!!! That's my Favorite!!!!