Tuesday, September 24, 2013

6 month update

6 Month update!
  • Weight: 18 lbs 3 ozs
  • Size: diaper-3 and 6-9 month clothes
  • 2 bottom teeth are in!
  • Sleep usually 6:30 or 7 - 6:30 or 7
  • LOVES :
    • Attention!!  Such a ham!
    • Bottles. He will reach for it as soon as he sees it.
    • The paci
    • looking at himself in the mirror
    • Sophie
    • His voice...favorite sound is hey. or it sounds like hey.  And every now and then screaming out.  He has definitely discovered his voice.
    • Buster
    • Outside
    • Being sang to especially "if your happy and you know it."
    • The mobile
  • Dislikes: getting dressed and the car seat
  • Still not rolling from back to front.  Doctor thinks he can but is not interested.
  • Food:  Long before I was pregnant I said I would breastfeed for six months.  Six months was Saturday, and I am in the “drying up” phase right now.  I’m surprised how sad I am about this.  I have battled back and forth for weeks as to whether or not I would try to continue on.  Brant decided at about 5 months that he was done nursing.  At least that is what I thought now that I have done more research I have learned that a strike is common around that age, but at the time I just gave it up and pumped.  Once he stopped nursing my supply dropped a good bit so I had to start supplementing a few bottles a day.  He has been getting a combination for the past month.  Brant honestly doesn’t appear to notice the difference.  So after all that I said ok 6 months.  I KNOW 6 months is good, and I KNOW I’m not a terrible mother but it is just another thing I am experiencing mommy guilty over.  I also read that it is common to be emotional I just had no idea it would be this bad.  Any way on to other things…We decided to just to do a mix between baby-led and purees.  The daycare mentioned that they felt Brant may be ready for food last week so I figured it was time to kick it up a bit.  I have been sending cereal for him for lunch.  He have had green beans, squash, and carrots for supper.  I can tell squash is not his favorite.  He makes the greatest faces when he takes a bite of it.  He loves for me to say, it's yummy yummy yummy!!!  We are having a blast.  I pretty much let him do whatever and make a huge mess since it is right before bath time.  I am also giving him a sippy cup with water after he eats just mostly to introduce it.  He doesn't actually get it yet. 

 
 
 
  • He is sitting better everyday.  He can't get himself into that position of course, but if we sit him down he can usually maintain for a minute or two.  He loves sitting up and will try to pull to that position if you put your hands down near him.
 
Brant has become such a busy body!  He tries to get hands on everything. Here he is helping daddy work.  Notice the computer is about to fall off the chair from Ike pushing it out of his reach.  I think we are going to have our hands full!




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We are just enjoying moments like this while we can... 

No comments: