Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Randomness

Well it's not teething and it's not a growth spurt... it's hand, foot, and mouth!  Poor little guys has what looks like blisters on his toes and fingers.  Thank goodness no blisters in the mouth and no fever!  Broke our hearts though. 
 
My sister and her husband, Jason came to help us move into the new house.  I am so thankful for them.  The four of us have done some moving in the past 5 years.  I told Ike we are not moving again until Brant can move a couch.  It was an exhausting but fun weekend!  Here is Uncle Jason and Brant taking a break!   
 
House Updates!  Every time we looked at our new house I would tell Ike how much I did not like the cabinets over the sink.  He assured me that we could take them out.  He is a man of his word...bright and early the first Saturday in our house he ripped them out.  He also replaced the lighting which I love!  So very happy with how things are turning out!
The other thing I felt pretty strongly about was the color of the living.  It was orange and it was not working for me!  Rose and Chris do some painting on the side in Baltimore, and she said we could knock this out in 5-6 hours.  I must admit we all sometimes doubt Rose's estimation of time, but this time she was right 5 hours later!  WOOHOO. 

 
Friday night me, Ike, Ms. Susie, and our friend, Molly did some furniture painting.  The before and after of our entertainment center.  I have always loved this piece but almost did away with this because of it's color.  I am so glad we did not!  I love how it turned out. 

 
We also celebrated Nana's birthday!  We love you, Nana!  Thank you for all you do for us!!

In my little dream world all of our siblings would live in the same town.  Reality is God has plans for us in different places so we said goodbye to Sam and Rose.  We already miss them.

Looking at this I am reminded just how blessed I am.  Thank you, Jesus for our little family!

No comments: