Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy 2012!

Happy things from 2011
* Ike finished his Master's degree!
* Both got jobs in Jackson
* Went on a cruise for our 3rd Anniversary! 
* Found a house to rent and we leased our house
* Figured out why we lost 2 babies (and had surgery to hopefully fix it)

2011 has sure been a roller coaster ride for us.  There have been a lot of ups and downs.  I thought of making a not so happy list but decided instead to stick with just the happy list of the blessings from the Lord.  The devil did a good job of attacking me over the Christmas break.  I have to admit there were moments I let him win.  BUT my God is big and always overcomes, and He gave me a husband to keep me in check.  Ike refuses to let me have a pity party no matter how hard I try, and even though in those moments that makes me angry I am very thankful.
So into 2012...I am praying that God will help me to give it all to Him.  He has proven over and over again that He will make a way I need only to trust Him.
Here are a few things I'm hoping and PRAYING 2012 will bring..
*My mom to be cancer free
*A church home for Ike and I
*Godly friends here
*Maybe a baby or two or three into our family... (not necessarily for Ike and I to parent all of these)

I do need to report that my mom did get some good news last week.  She went in for a MRI, and the doctor said he was pleased with her progress.  She will begin the internal radiation soon.  He said she should have 5 of those which she will get in Columbus.  She is glad to be able to be home with my dad.  

No comments: