Monday, January 16, 2012

No more Petsmart.

I feel like Buster really is the perfect practice for children!  This dog is a mess!  Ike was out of town last week for work, and I had to go out of town on Thursday night so thankfully my sister's friend agreed to keep Buster for us.  His toenails have been needing to be clipped badly!  Wednesday afternoon I ran him up to Petsmart to have them done.  This is always a challenge.  He absolutely hates it!  The vet in Columbus usually let me hold him and this seemed to calm him down enough for her to clip them.  My sister had suggested that I have his nails grinded instead of clipped because they are so sharp. D.I.S.A.S.T.E.R.  Buster got really upset and tried to bite the lady, and of course it is against policy for me to come back with him.  AND I must say that I have never experienced a person working with animals that seemed to not even like them.  She told me it would be best if I left the room.  I knew this was probably going to upset Buster even more, but she's suppose to be the expert so I left.  I came back, and she had taken Buster to the back room.  She comes out and tells me that they were not able to grind his nails because when they put the mussel on him he started using the bathroom everywhere.  I tried to explain that he was probably nervous, and she proceeds to tell me that animals do that as a way of making you stop what you are doing to get their way.  At this point I am making note to never bring him back here.  I had no idea how bad it was or would have said more to her.  We get to the car, and Buster lays out in the floor.  I thought that was odd, but I went through the drive through to get food.  I tried to give Buster a french fry and he would not budge.  I pick him up and he was completely limp.  He would not even look at me, it was so scary.  I call Petsmart, and they say some dogs go into shock.  WHAT??!!  A few minutes later Buster throws up everywhere!  Once we got home he was fine!  It was the weirdest thing in the world!  Needless to say that was our last trip there!   

We also had a visitor this weekend...













We enjoyed hanging out with Sam!  


1 comment:

Lydia said...

Wow! That's awful. I think I'll join you in never taking our pets to Petsmart!