Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Blessings!

I would first of all like to say thank you for the sweet comments and encouragement on our journey to having a baby! ALL of your prayers are much appreciated!


Today I would like to tell some exciting news and ask for more prayers.  Ike and I are very excited to announce that we will be Uncle Ike and Aunt Brandy in April or May! Rose, Ike’s sister and her husband, Chris are expecting. We could not be more excited for them.  Rose has an neuromuscular autoimmune disease called Myasthenia Gravis (since she was a sophmore in high school) and has recently been diagnosised with Graves disease, another autoimmune disorder so she is an extremely high risk pregnancy!  We are praying that the Lord will keep her and the baby safe throughout this pregnancy. The fact that she is pregnant at all is a miracle so we are thankful for this little blessing.


The Parents to be!!

While I could not be more excited for them and to be an aunt, do not think the devil did not jump at the chance to use this blessing from the Lord to try and bring me down. God has been preparing my heart though, and a few weeks ago I went to hear Lysa Terkeurst speak. She said something that stuck with me, that our reaction to things determines our reach. There is a lot happening in the coming weeks that will challenge us. I know there will be good days and bad days but we are CHOOSING to seek the Lord.  This is all for His glory.
Update on my mom: She has been down a few times for more tests, and now we are waiting for the radiologist to finish planning for the treatments. We know she will receive chemo once a week and radiation 5 days a week. She should get a schedule for all this one day next week, and hopefully start the following week. We are all ready to get started. I do believe the waiting is the hardest part. From our understanding the cancer is in her lymph nodes in the area around the spot, but not on her organs and is isolated to this area. This is a relief to us. Thank you for your prayers!

1 comment:

Emily said...

how ironic! just today in my blog post i mentioned my mother in law who also has Myasthenia Gravis...very rare! i will be praying for all of you, what an emotional rollercoaster you're going through right now with all of this. that only makes trying for a baby more difficult, keep up your good spirits and continued faith and i'm sure a little one will bless your life soon :)