Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

I was so thankful for Thanksgiving day.  It was the first time I had been anywhere expect the grocery store in a week, and Brant's first time to leave the house.  He does not like being cooped up at home either.  It was a different year for sure.  We are working on building up leave time since I wiped out all of mine for maternity leave with Brant, and will need that much again in such a short time.  All that to say we didn't go home. Luckily, our families still made it special.  Ike's mom, Ms. Susie's family lives about an hour away so we drove there Thanksgiving day to have lunch.  I could not taste a thing such a sad thing. ha.
Brant met his cousin, Kendal for the first time!  We have big plans for these two to be good friends!


These two are 3 months apart.
Brant loved Hanna.

Kendal and his sweet Mom.
The only picture of the three of us...the best we could do this year.

Then for the weekend my family came to our house.  My sister, cousin Ashley, and I ATTEMPTED to cook.  We did eat...but it was interesting getting there.  Apparently our oven does not work well.  It was still fun, and I am so glad I was able to see them all.
The only picture from the weekend.  Brant, Pawpaw, and Mimi.

I would say Brant's first thanksgiving was a great one filled with sweet family time!

No comments: