Friday, March 7, 2014

24 weeks, baby #2

I have heard that the second pregnancy is so different, and it is true.  We are just as excited, but don't have as much time to express it or document it.  Baby boy does not yet have a name.  We are about 97% sure we know the name, but not quite ready to commit.  Here is 24 weeks...

How far along: 24 weeks
How big is baby: The size of a rutabaga or cauliflower....about 13 1/2 inches long and weighs a pound and a half 
Weight gain/loss: I have no idea!!!  I'm guessing 15lbs?
Maternity Clothes: YES.  I could wear my pants with the belly band but I don't really like that thing.
Stretch marks: No thankfully.
Sleep: This question is tricky when you have an 11 month old also.  We are sleeping better, but my back is killing me already.
Diet: ANYTHING! I'm starving all the time.  I can't eat salmon and don't love hamburger meat.
Gender: Boy!
Movement: YES! This baby boy is quite the little mover and shaker.  He moves a lot all day!
The belly: BIG! I feel like I am so much bigger this time.
What I miss: Warm weather but that has nothing to with the baby. :)  I am looking forward to summer dresses.  I think I will like those for pregnancy.  
Symptoms: Heartburn/indigestion, restless legs
What I'm looking forward to: I'm excited for him to be here.  I know it will be a crazy few years with two baby boys, but I really believe it is going to be a blast.  I think Brant will love having a buddy.
Best moment of the week: We had an EKG on the baby.  My sister was born with 2 holes in her heart, and she had to have open heart surgery at 4.  We told the doctor this with Brant.  We talked about doing it with that pregnancy but never did.  At my last appointment on the way out she handed me the appointment card for the EKG.  We didn't discuss it, and really Ike and I didn't give it much thought till we got there.  It was like all of the sudden it hit us, Why are we doing this, THIS time???  I was panicking as she did it.  It was a special pediatric cardiologist, not our normal US tech or doctor.  I couldn't see Ike or talk to him so I could not tell he was having the same reaction as me.  ANYWAY most importantly at the end she said that baby looked great.  However she did in a very American Idol way....She said ok now I'm going talk to you for a minute and then proceeds to giving us the stats on our chances of having a heart issue....then tells us our baby looks fine.  When we got out of there we were both like what in the world was that???????   I still plan to ask our doctor at the next appointment.  So best moment was hearing that all is well with our babies heart.  

No comments: