Friday, June 18, 2010

Show us your life- Proposal

The day I had been waiting for...more on that here
Ike was still in the military and had came home on leave for a week. I stayed in Augusta and my sister came to spend the week with me. We had planned to come home on Friday night but I wasn't feeling so good and I ask her to drive me home Thursday night so I could go to the doctor on Friday. Looking back she did act a little funny about it, and she and Vanessa (my roommate in Augusta) thought we should go out to eat before we left. Little did I know they were stalling. After we eat we head to Mississippi and the whole way home Ike didn't call...he is always good about this??? Little did I know he was asking my parents to marry me!!! A little history...Ike's grandparents met and attended a small little church in Mississippi close to where we live. The church only has service once a year on Mother's day. Ok now fast forward to Saturday night... I knew that his family would be going there on Mother's day and Aunt Iris was here visiting so I was totally expecting to be invited to come. NO!!! I even dropped little hints, and Ike is very perceptive. I was sooo sad, and I was whining to my mom, who for the record ALWAYS takes my side, let me say that again ALWAYS. Not this time.... So later on Sunday afternoon Ike calls and I am not in a good mood, and he ask if I want to go out to the little cemetery and plant some flowers. We get out there and we stop by the little church because Rose "forgot her bible this morning". So we are digging around to find the key in the grass that Ike "thinks" they hide there, finally we go inside and the church is BEAUTIFUL, flowers every where! Here I am thinking they go all out for Mother's day. This is why Ike did not invite me, they had done this right after church and everyone at the church had known he was going to propose and he couldn't risk it slipping out. I really had NO CLUE, a proposal was even close to happening people would ask and Ike would say, I can't afford a ring right now, or no time soon (my personal favorite). So I start looking for Rose's bible, and I look up on the pulpit and I say that looks like Rose's bible up there, did she speak this morning (still not believing I was NOT invited). Ike tells me to come up there then I see the ring!! He has it surround with flowers and a lantern shining down on it. He gets down and tells me how much he loves me and ask me to marry him!!!! I was shaking and crying, and of course said YES! Then we went over to the bible and he read 1 Corinthians 13: 4-7 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.
SO sweet! and then we prayed for our marriage and Ike sang to me! Then we headed home to tell everyone or for me to tell everyone!!! Well first I had him re-enact it for a picture! Notice Ike's clothes he thought if he was all dressed up I would be suspicious....


Ike picked out the ring all by himself, he did great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: